Monday, September 2, 2013

Pre-Departure, Staging

Since taking the MCATs on August 22, I've spent my time shopping for Nepal, spending time with friends and family, and doing an increasing number of "lasts" (last time playing tennis, last trivia night, last trip to the movies, etc.). Many thanks to all who were able to make it to my going away party, and even greater thanks to those who gave me gifts. The shirt, hammock and journals are all coming with me to Nepal.

I've also been learning some Nepali (we're expected to learn 50 words before we leave) and have had to complete some modules concerning Peace Corps policies.

Very early on the morning of September 5th, I will fly to San Francisco for Staging, a pre-orientation prior to arrival in Nepal. Then it's San Francisco to Tokyo, to Bangkok, and finally to Kathmandu.



My next post will be either from San Francisco, an airport, or my future home.

Namaskaar (goodbye),

BW

1 comment: